These lemony butter cookies are light and delicious. They are perfect for a light spring or summer luncheon.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 Tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 300°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Blend flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a bowl or 4 cup measure
- In a mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for 3 minutes
- Add sugar in two additions, beating for 1 minute after each addition
- Blend in egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon extract
- Add flour mixture on low speed in two additions
- Add nuts with flour on second addition and beat just until flour is absorbed
- Place rounded Tablespoons of dough on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart*
- Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar and bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Let cookies sit on the sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar (optional).
*(Bakers tip: use a 1 Tbs. ice cream scoop- the dough pops right out and the measurement is perfect. Works great for mini-muffins too!)