This simple, luscious caramel sauce is easy to make and adds a rich decadent touch to breakfast waffles or any dessert.
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs Water
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- Mix the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan
- Bring to a low boil and simmer 5 minutes
- Add butter and continue to simmer just until it dissolves
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cream.
- Cool slightly.
Serve over waffles topped with apples sautéed in butter, cinnamon and brown sugar for a special weekend breakfast treat!