Start Cinco de Mayo off right with a delicious Breakfast Casserole with a Mexican flair! Just about every B&B has some version of this crust-less Mexican quiche and it’s easy to see why. It’s easy to make, easy to adapt to more or fewer guests, and it’s sure to please everyone. It starts out mild but you can spice it up to taste or add a spicy salsa on the side. I serve mine with a spicy apple salsa that combines sweet and spicy flavors for an unusual twist.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 small cans of chopped green chiles
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
- 8 Tbs melted butter
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 red apple
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbs jalapeno jelly or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients, eggs through butter, in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9”x12” glass baking dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and cut into 8 pieces.
- Combine salsa ingredients and serve alongside the eggs