Two new cookbooks are coming out and a bunch of our recipes are appearing in both! The newest edition of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Cookbook has gone to the printer and the North Carolina Bed & Breakfast and Inns Cookbook should be out the first week in September. Here is a sneak preview from the NCBBI Cookbook. Check our recipe section soon for a preview of the newest ABBA cookbook!
My sister Marianne gave me this recipe in 1972. I had to increase her original recipe to fit current spring form pan sizes. It’s a crowd pleaser. For the B&B I cut it into squares to serve in the afternoons.
- 3/4 cup softened margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/8 tsp vanilla extract (we used Madagascar)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 oz (1 1/2 8oz packages) softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 eggs (not easy to do! I beat the second egg and poured in half)
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 29 oz can of sliced cling peaches in juice, well drained
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- Beat margarine or butter with sugar and vanilla at medium speed until well blended
- Add flour and mix.
- Stir in pecans.
- Flour hands and press mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/8 cup sugar at medium speed until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla until blended
- Pour into pan
- In large bowl combine cinnamon and sugar. Add peaches and toss lightly
- Arrange on top of cream cheese mixture
- Bake 10 min at 450°
- Reduce heat to 400° and continue baking 25 minutes more
- Cool in pan 20 min, then carefully remove sides
Serve warm or refrigerate
Tags: A Bed of Roses Recipes, B&B Cookbooks, Bavarian Torte, Bed and Breakfast Recipes, Breakfast at a B&B, Breakfast Cookbooks, NCBBI recipes, New Breakfast Recipes, North Carolina Bed & Breakfasts & Inns, Peach cheesecake, Peach Torte