Special Fall Farms and Artisans Tour
This Fall get off the beaten track and enjoy the autumn colors of one of the most beautiful valleys in Western North Carolina. A Bed of Roses, along with the Inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, is offering our guests a rare opportunity to explore the hidden treasures of Big Sandy Mush where families have farmed among the rolling hills for generations. The Sandy Mush Artisan Trail will lead you along country roads from the studios of local artisans to farms and vineyards where you will enjoy tastings and discounts and get to meet the people who make this charming community in the mountains special and unique.
Stay at A Bed of Roses for two nights between September 16th and November 13th and when you add the Fall Farms Package to your stay we will provide you with a map for your independent driving tour as well as a picnic lunch to enjoy at Addison Farms Vineyard.
- At Addison Farms Vineyard you will enjoy a wine tasting including an attractive complementary wine glass to take home. Receive 10% off all wine purchases.
- Another farm on the tour will be Sandy Hollar Farms where you can pick-your-own blackberries or shop for honey and beeswax candles. Inn guests will receive 10% off their purchases at the Farm.
- Visit the home of Whiskey Pigs, raised on the whiskey mash from Troy & Sons distiller. Reeves Home Place Farm will offer a 10% discount on meat and eggs.
- A stop at the Long Branch Environmental Education Center will give you an opportunity to see a solar farm in action, designed for research, education and conservation. You can buy apples and cider and get valuable conservation tips.
And be sure to visit and shop at the local artisans’ studios and workshops along the way! Sandy Mush’s remote beauty has attracted many artists to the area.
- Visit fiber artist June Hawkins while you are at Sandy Hollar Farms.
- Nationally known potter Matt Jones can be found at Jones Pottery where you can view his decorative painted pots.
- Laurie Brown has been quilting for 40 years, and you can see her quilts and get to meet the artist where she works.
- The workshop of broom maker Marlow Gates and photographer Diana Gates is on the tour as well. Friendswood Brooms creates brooms that are truly pieces of art, and some are even displayed in museums.
- Christine Hield’s studio, Sky Dance Artworks, houses her oils, watercolors and acrylic artwork including portraits, landscapes and more abstract works.
2 night stay required.
Springtime Biltmore Blooms Package
“Biltmore Blooms” at the historic Biltmore Estate and Gardens beings March 19th and runs through May 26th so this is the time to enjoy their beautiful gardens in full bloom! As a special treat this year you can enjoy the Fashionable Romance: Wedding Gowns in Film exhibit, featuring costumes and grand floral displays throughout the house. During the “Blooms” Festival the Biltmore will have live music in the Conservatory as well as complimentary gardening seminars. This package includes 2 tickets to the Biltmore that are good for two consecutive days as well as a bottle of Biltmore wine and a bouquet of spring flowers in your room. You can add this package to any of our rooms for $148. Please specify red or white wine when ordering. Good March 19th until May 26th.
Romantic Springtime Getaway Package
In the Spring the mountains are alive with spring flowers everywhere and the gardens here in the Montford Historic District are bursting with color. Come soak up the spirit of spring on our cozy front porch and stroll through the gardens at the Biltmore Estate. The Biltmore Blooms Festival runs from March 19th through May 26th this year. Start off with a fresh bouquet of flowers, chocolate truffles and a sparkling beverage waiting for you in your room. Then enjoy dinner at your choice of outstanding independent local restaurants. Two tickets to the Biltmore Estate and Gardens as well as Antler Village and the Biltmore Winery are included and they are good for two consecutive days, so you will have lots of time to tour the mansion and enjoy the beautiful gardens. This year admission to the Estate includes the Fashionable Romance: Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibit with costumes and exquisite floral displays throughout the house! This package can be added to a two night stay at any of our rooms for $233. Good through June 10th.
Package is for two daytime tickets at the Biltmore Estate, the Winery and the Gardens. The tickets may be used on two consecutive days. Pricing already includes sales tax. Effective March 20th through January 1st.
Wine & Dine Romance Package
Celebrate that special occasion with a romantic dinner for two in one of Asheville’s outstanding independent restaurants. Arrive to flowers, chocolate truffles and a bubbly beverage in your room along with a gift certificate for dinner at the restaurant of your choice. See the dining section of our Asheville area attractions page for inspiration.
Add this package to any of our rooms for $130.
Special Occasion Package
Is this a special occasion? Would you like a little something special awaiting you in your room? This includes a special in-season floral bouquet, delicious chocolate truffles and a sparkling beverage.