Special Fall Farms and Artisans Tour
This Fall get off the beaten track and enjoy the autumn colors of one of the most beautiful valleys in Western North Carolina. A Bed of Roses, along with the Inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, is offering our guests a rare opportunity to explore the hidden treasures of Big Sandy Mush where families have farmed among the rolling hills for generations. The Sandy Mush Artisan Trail will lead you along country roads from the studios of local artisans to farms and vineyards where you will enjoy tastings and discounts and get to meet the people who make this charming community in the mountains special and unique.
Stay at A Bed of Roses for two nights between September 16th and November 13th and when you add the Fall Farms Package to your stay we will provide you with a map for your independent driving tour as well as a picnic lunch to enjoy at Addison Farms Vineyard.
- At Addison Farms Vineyard you will enjoy a wine tasting including an attractive complementary wine glass to take home. Receive 10% off all wine purchases.
- Another farm on the tour will be Sandy Hollar Farms where you can pick-your-own blackberries or shop for honey and beeswax candles. Inn guests will receive 10% off their purchases at the Farm.
- Visit the home of Whiskey Pigs, raised on the whiskey mash from Troy & Sons distiller. Reeves Home Place Farm will offer a 10% discount on meat and eggs.
- A stop at the Long Branch Environmental Education Center will give you an opportunity to see a solar farm in action, designed for research, education and conservation. You can buy apples and cider and get valuable conservation tips.
And be sure to visit and shop at the local artisans’ studios and workshops along the way! Sandy Mush’s remote beauty has attracted many artists to the area.
- Visit fiber artist June Hawkins while you are at Sandy Hollar Farms.
- Nationally known potter Matt Jones can be found at Jones Pottery where you can view his decorative painted pots.
- Laurie Brown has been quilting for 40 years, and you can see her quilts and get to meet the artist where she works.
- The workshop of broom maker Marlow Gates and photographer Diana Gates is on the tour as well. Friendswood Brooms creates brooms that are truly pieces of art, and some are even displayed in museums.
- Christine Hield’s studio, Sky Dance Artworks, houses her oils, watercolors and acrylic artwork including portraits, landscapes and more abstract works.
2 night stay required.
A Bed of Roses Highlights Local Artisan Foods
Stay at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast and bring home a curated sample of authentic local Asheville Flavor! The “”buy local” culture is strong here, supporting a large community of local farms and fresh, delicious locally produced foods and beverages. Bring a taste of Asheville home with you! We are working with Asheville Direct Gallery of Local Brands, located in downtown Asheville, to bring you two amazing collections.
Asheville Made Dreamy Desserts for Two:
- 2 Dolci di Maria gluten/Dairy Free brownies
- 1 tube of Postre organic World’s Best Caramel Sauce
- 2 chocolate chip Dolci di Maria biscotti
- A sample of Sivermoon chocolates
- 2 Waynesville Soda Jerks Soda, 1 Lavender Lemon and 1 Blueberry Basil
Add to any 2 night stay at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast for $40.
Locally Crafted Chips, Dips and Jams:
- 1 Box of Roots and Branches Crackers, Herb Garden
- 1 container of 3 Graces Goat Cheese
- 1 container of Roots Humus, Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 jar of Imladris Farm’s Apple or Pumpkin Butter
- 1 jar of Copper Pot & Wooden Spoon’s Roasted Tomato Jam
- 1 jar of Copper Pot Peach Shine or Blueberry Bourbon Jam
- 2, 6 oz bags of Gourmet chips, one Pisgah Wild Herb and one Hops & Cheddar
Add to any 2 night stay at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast for $60.
Must be ordered at least 48 hours prior to your stay at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast.
Package is for two daytime tickets at the Biltmore Estate, the Winery and the Gardens. The tickets may be used on two consecutive days. Pricing already includes sales tax. Effective March 20th through January 1st.
The Montford Park Players New VIP Package
Once again A Bed of Roses has joined with the members of the Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association and the Montford Park Players to offer a one of a kind theater experience. The longest running Shakespearean theater company in North Carolina is right here in the historic Montford District of Asheville, performing outdoors in the Hazel Robinson Amphitheatre in Montford Park during the summer months and in the historic Masonic Temple Theater during the winter months. Well known and beloved in the area for bringing “free Shakespeare to the Park”, the Montford Park Players are a hidden treasure not often experienced by visitors to Asheville.
Now you can not only see a Montford Park Players production, but you can get the full VIP treatment! The VIP pass includes special reserved seating, a signed play script, a lawn blanket (for couples), a free T-shirt designed for that performance only and a complimentary beverage (wine, beer or soda). But the best part is you will have the opportunity to “dress up” and take a costumed walk-on roll in a scene of the production!
The Summer Season in Montford Park runs from May 15th until September 26th, and performances include Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Twelfth Night, Richard III and As You Like It. VIP tickets are good for the Summer Performances only, however The Montford Park Players continue inside at the Masonic Temple theater during the colder weather. Contact them for tickets to King Lear Oct8-25th or A Christmas Carol Dec. 10-23rd.
Performances are Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7:30PM. For performance schedules click here www.montfordparkplayers.org.
Advanced booking is required.
VIP tickets are $18.00 for adults.
Romantic Retreat Package
Make this an extra special occasion and experience all the romance of our charming historic inn. Relax by the fireplace or soak in the Jacuzzi with a glass of bubbly. Indulge yourself with a chocolate truffle. Visit the grand Biltmore Estate and stroll in their gardens. Stop for wine tasting at the Biltmore Winery, then dine at one of our excellent local independent restaurants. This package includes 2 tickets to the Biltmore Estate and Winery; a gift certificate for dinner at your choice of local restaurants; a fresh bouquet of flowers along with chocolate truffles and a sparkling beverage presented in your room. This package can be added to a reservation in any of our rooms for $244.00.
Wine & Dine Romance Package
Celebrate that special occasion with a romantic dinner for two in one of Asheville’s outstanding independent restaurants. Arrive to flowers, chocolate truffles and a bubbly beverage in your room along with a gift certificate for dinner at the restaurant of your choice. See the dining section of our Asheville area attractions page for inspiration.
Add this package to any of our rooms for $130.
Special Occasion Package
Is this a special occasion? Would you like a little something special awaiting you in your room? This includes a special in-season floral bouquet, delicious chocolate truffles and a sparkling beverage.