Experience the wonder of Christmas at the Biltmore Estate! Stroll through the sumptuously decorated rooms by candlelight listening to carolers and period musicians play. This special package includes 2 daytime tickets to the Biltmore Estate, Gardens and Antler Village & Winery plus a reserved Candlelight Christmas Evening at the Biltmore House. Must be scheduled in advance so please call (828) 258-8700 or toll free (888) 290-2770 to reserve your tickets and request an entry time. This package can be added to a stay at any of our rooms for $144. Offered November 9, 2013 through January 4, 2014. Interested in attending the Candlelight evening only without daytime access to the house? Contact us for a special discount code you can use when scheduling your tour. Candlelight evenings are not available on November 26, 28, December 24, and 25.
Posts Tagged ‘Asheville Bed and Breakfast Specials’
November 7th, 2013 by abedofroses
May 6th, 2012 by abedofroses
On May 8th The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association (ABBA) is unveiling a brand new look with a Ribbon Cutting to celebrate our exciting new Interactive Kiosk at the Asheville Visitor’s Center. A Bed of Roses is a proud member of ABBA and we’re excited about this event! Now you can walk up to a beautiful touch screen animation of our new logo and request information on any of our member inns, search for inns by location or amenities and even book a room right there! We’ve been busy creating a brand new website with a new logo that we’re unveiling at the same time and we at A Bed of Roses are so proud of all the people in this great organization that have worked hard to get this project off the ground.
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association consists of 16 member inns that come together to encourage visitors to experience Asheville from the welcoming home base of a B&B. It’s truly a “better way to stay” as the Professional Association of Innkeepers International has been saying with their campaign to educated the public to the exceptional experience that staying at a B&B affords.
Each and every inn in our organization has something different and exceptional to offer. An ABBA Inn may be a Queen Anne Victorian like ours, or an Arts & Crafts style home or a cabin nestled in the mountains. You can totally tailor your visit to Asheville to fit your style, your budget and your imagination by choosing an ABBA inn. You can call any of our inns or the ABBA main number and be assured that if they don’t have what you’re looking for they will help find an inn that does. We, as an organization make sure that all of our inns are of the highest quality so we can feel good about referring our guests to them.
ABBA, by operating as a group, can also offer special experiences and discounts for Asheville area activities. When you go to our new website you can visit our “Specials” page for opportunities available to ABBA inn guests only.
If you can’t join us at the Asheville Visitors Center, be sure to check out all the changes on our new website at http://ashevillebba.com!
March 31st, 2012 by abedofroses
Celebrate that special occasion with a romantic dinner for two in one of Asheville’s outstanding independent restaurants. Arrive to flowers, chocolate truffles and a bubbly beverage in your room along with a gift certificate for dinner at the restaurant of your choice. See the dining section of our Asheville area attractions page for inspiration.
Add this package to any of our rooms for $125.
March 9th, 2012 by abedofroses
This simple, luscious caramel sauce is easy to make and adds a rich decadent touch to breakfast waffles or any dessert.
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs Water
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- Mix the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan
- Bring to a low boil and simmer 5 minutes
- Add butter and continue to simmer just until it dissolves
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cream.
- Cool slightly.
Serve over waffles topped with apples sautéed in butter, cinnamon and brown sugar for a special weekend breakfast treat!
October 7th, 2011 by abedofroses
We’ve gotten two requests from guests this week for this recipe and it is so simple that I’m almost embarrassed to share it. This is for Bonnie and Nevada. I hope you enjoy making it at home!
I love grapefruit just as they are with no adornment at all, but to make them even better, I like to bake them with a little brown sugar and top with a dab of homemade cranberry sauce. It’s simple yet elegant. Here’s how.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a metal baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut two grapefruit in half crosswise and trim the bottoms to make sure they sit flat and level in the pan.
- Section the grapefruit with a sharp knife. I highly recommend a two sided grapefruit knife. The double blade on one end cuts both sides of the membrane in one motion, then the scoop blade cuts the back and bottom for easy eating.
- Top each grapefruit half with 1 Tbs of brown sugar.
- For each half cut 1 pat of butter in half and place on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove to individual plates and fill the center hole with just enough homemade cranberry sauce to cover it.
Serves 4. See recipes below for cranberry sauce.
Two Cranberry Sauce Recipes- the Long and the Short Versions
I keep a jar of this cranberry sauce in my fridge, since we make this dish so often. I’ve never tried freezing it, but I can’t see why not!
The Long Elaborate Version:
- 1 cup Ruby Port
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- orange zest to taste
- Bring port and cinnamon sticks to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add dried cranberries and simmer 3 more minutes.
- Add fresh cranberries, water and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer stirring often for about 20 minutes, until sauce is thickened and berries have collapsed.
- Discard cinnamon sticks and refrigerate.
The Short and Easy Version:
- Take 1 can whole cranberries
- Mix with a dash of ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
February 11th, 2011 by abedofroses
Is this a special occasion? Would you like a little something special awaiting you in your room? This includes a special in-season floral bouquet, delicious chocolate truffles and a sparkling beverage.
January 11th, 2011 by abedofroses
Discover the unique flavors of Asheville on a guided walking tour of the city’s culinary treasures in historic downtown and Biltmore Village. Purchase 2 tickets for just $69.00 when you book your room. Call 828 273 0365 or email email@example.com to check availability and schedule your tour. Tours run Tuesday through Friday. Be sure to tell them you have the Food Tour Package at A Bed of Roses!
Advanced booking required. Call A Bed of Roses (888) 290-2770 to add this package to your room reservation.