Asheville Hosts 6 dates in the Statewide Dining Competition
Join us for this statewide Chef Challenge Event and be given the VIP treatment! A Bed of Roses and the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association are teaming up with Asheville’s competing restaurants to make this the complete Foodie Dream Getaway. Book any of our five luxurious guest rooms, let us book your tickets to the event, and you will receive a fantastic swag bag full of goodies and discounts in addition to a gourmet breakfast, delicious afternoon home baked delights and a premier location 5 blocks from Asheville restaurants, brew pubs and night life.
What Your Package Includes:
- 1 night’s stay at A Bed of Roses at our special mid-week rates. You choose which uniquely sumptuous guest room is perfect for you.
- 2 Tickets to Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series “Fire On the Rock”. Cost is $59 +tax per person for the Preliminary and Quarterfinal Rounds, $69 +tax per person for the Semifinal and Final Rounds. Service fees will be added by the event organizers.
- 2 free Wine Glasses from the NC Wine & Grape Council
- 1 Bottle of Cackalacky Sauce – a delicious, spicy, sweet potato sauce native to North Carolina.
Special offers from our Asheville area competing restaurants for Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association Inn Guests only:
6 Delicious Courses
- A free dessert for two at Ambrozia
- A free dessert for two at The King James Public House
- $10 off lunch or dinner at Seasons Restaurant
- $10 off a $25 purchase at LAB (alcohol not included)
- One free Chef’s choice appetizer with the purchase of a bottle of wine at Strada Italiano.
- One free Tapas of your choice with the purchase of 2 signature drinks at The Social Lounge
and last but not least,
- One complimentary Cookbook “Savour the Inns of Asheville: Cookbook of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association” from A Bed of Roses.
How it Works:
Competitions are hosted in 5 regions of the state with two restaurants competing each evening in a single elimination, blind dinner format. You will be tasting 3 courses from each chef (a total of 6 courses) without knowing which chef has prepared them. A “Mystery” North Carolina ingredient must be used in all courses and the chefs won’t find out what that ingredient is until noon on the day of the competition. The drama builds! Then you, the diners, judge the food and get to determine who moves up to the next round. Check out the Rules here!
Where and When:
All dinners take place at The Lioncrest at the Biltmore Estate, a barn that was built for the estate in 1930 and renovated into an elegant event space in 2006.
The dinners are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday nights on March 10th, 11th , 17th, 18th 24th, 25th. The Final event on March 31st is in Raleigh and is not included in the package. All events begin at 6:30PM.
The Line-up: Click on the restaurant names to learn more about the competing restaurants.
March 10th Vidalia battles Strada Italiano.
March 11th Isis versus Season’s
March 17th The Gamekeeper fights it out with Ambrozia
March 18th King James Public House competes with the LAB
March 24th The winners of the March 10th and 11th rounds go head to head
March 25th The winners of the March 17th and 18th go into battle
The Final Round in Raleigh on March 31st will pit the winners of our March 24th and 25th competitions.
Read about the chefs here!
Tickets will be limited so book early. A Bed of Roses will be the perfect home base, just 10 minutes from the Biltmore Estate and walking distance to downtown. Treat yourself in style. You’re a judge! You deserve it!
Cost: The price of whatever room you choose plus the cost of tickets to the Event:
Initial rounds $59/person plus tax and service (total $74.78)
Semi-finals $69/person plus tax and service (total $87.46)
We at a Bed of Roses charge no additional fees for booking your tickets and providing you with Your Bag of Goodies and Savings.
This Special Package must be booked by phone or email, email@example.com. Be sure to indicate which dinner you want to attend. Event tickets are non-refundable, however they are transferrable and can be used for a different date when arranged in advance.