This summer we have been relishing all the perfectly ripe mangoes and avocados at the grocers. Grilled boneless chicken breasts pair wonderfully with these creamy delights on a bed of mixed greens for a light and delicious summer supper. The recipe is made in three parts- the marinade, the chicken and the mango-avocado salsa, all displayed on a bed of lettuce.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts approximately 5 oz. each
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely diced
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 mango peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups mesclun mix
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Ground pepper to taste
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a zip lock bag, adding the chicken last.
- After sealing the bag mush all the ingredients together by squeezing the bag and coating the chicken breasts thoroughly. Set aside and let marinade for ½ hour or more.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 7 minutes, turning 1 time after 3 1/2 minutes.
- Combine the mango, avocado and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the lime juice, balsamic and olive oil. Add pepper to taste.
- Add a small amount of the dressing to the lettuce and toss.
- Pour remaining dressing over the mango-avocado mixture and gently toss.
- Arrange lettuce on two plates.
- Top the lettuce with the mango avocado mixture.
- Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad.