The State of North Carolina and the County of Buncombe are now in Phase 3 of our COVID-19 recovery plan until October 23, 2020.
The Stay at Home Order has been lifted, but vulnerable populations are strongly encouraged to continue to stay home
- Restaurants, fitness centers, personal care services and other businesses are permitted to open with restrictions on occupancy and service protocols
- Bars are able to open outdoor seating at reduced capacity. Alcohol sales at restaurants and bars are prohibited after 11PM
- Arenas and outdoor entertainment venues are able to open at reduced capacity
- Gatherings are allowed at reduced capacity
- Playgrounds and parks are able to open
- Movie theaters are able to open at reduced capacity
- The state has joined Buncombe County in requiring that face masks or cloth coverings be worn when going into any business or outside when it is not possible to socially distance 6 ft. apart.
- We are following CDC guidelines for “Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility”
- Common areas are cleaned and disinfected frequently, including high touch areas, such as door handles, stair rails, light switches.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations can be found near the front door and on the second floor landing as well as at the back door.
- Guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guest stays.
- Housekeepers will wear a mask and disposable gloves at all times when cleaning.
- Particular attention is paid to disinfecting high touch surfaces such as light switches, door handles, remote controls, alarms clocks, etc.
- Linens and towels are laundered at the warmest water setting and dried thoroughly.
- Portable laundry hampers are provided in each guest room for depositing dirty towels, minimizing contact during transport.
- Room cleaning during a guest’s stay has been suspended in order to minimize contact. Please let us know if you need fresh towels or supplies.
Guest Safety is Our Top Priority
In addition to our enhanced cleaning practices, we at A Bed of Roses we have implemented several measures to ensure our guests’ safety as well as that of our staff and ourselves.
- We do daily wellness checks on our staff
- We screen our guests when they arrive using the same wellness questionnaire that we ask our staff to certify to
- We ask our guests to wear a face covering when in the common areas of the inn
- We ask guests and staff to maintain safe social distancing, 6 ft. apart on our front porch as well as inside the inn
- Signage has been displayed reminding guests and staff to wear a face mask, maintain social distancing and to wash their hands frequently
- Frequent hand washing will be required of our staff and ourselves before starting work, after removing disposable gloves, after rest room use, and before and after eating and throughout the day.
Changes to our Breakfast Preparation and Serving
- In Phase 3 we are permitted to serve breakfast in the dining room as long as we seat household groups 6 feet apart. We will be setting up tables for 2 at various socially distanced locations throughout the first floor as well as serving 2 couples at opposite ends of the dining table 6 feet apart in order to comply with this order.
- The health department has informed us that we can now provide some buffet service with frequent sanitation of buffet items. In order to facilitate sanitation A Bed of Roses is limiting our coffee, tea and cookie buffet to the dining room buffet area. Bottled water and ice are available upon request. Guests are not permitted to enter the kitchen.
- We have always maintained high food safety protocols in our kitchen and continue to do so. In addition we will be wearing a mask and gloves at all times when preparing your food.
Temporary Revised Policies for Reservations, Deposits and Cancellations
- Until further notice, rather than taking deposits immediately when a reservation is made we are waiting until 2 days before the date of the stay before taking a non-refundable deposit equal to 1 night’s stay. This shortens our normal policy of non-refundable deposits from 14 days to 2 days.
- The deposit will be fully refundable if the cancellation is due to showing signs of COVID-19, or quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19.
- Guests who cancel for reasons unrelated to COVID-19 are encouraged to rebook at a later date in order to avoid fees. A cancellation fee of $35 plus tax will be charged for all non-COVID related cancellations. Once a deposit has been charged it is non-refundable unless the cancellation is COVID related. Please contact us for additional reservation requirements and important COVID-19 information.
- Guests will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 when they arrive, so we ask that you cancel your reservation before coming if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- We have temporarily suspended our cancellation fee of $35 for all COVID-19 related cancellations.
The current situation is dynamic and we will adjust our practices in accordance with county, state and federal health authorities.